How to make it - How to use it!
FlowMacis not just a tool for experienced and trained users - it is also a tool for any user having no training in FlowMac but just the interest of a specified process model for a unit in his or customers mill. He can open the model, run it, change parameters, get balanced process data to support decisions for rebuilds, elimination of bottlenecks, etc. Or why not a COD-balance of your process to study what happens when you close the system, install a kidney, etc.
The Runtime model can be designed by Papermac AB or a FlowMac users as PIC Engineering, Sweden, Jaako Pöyry in Finland, ÅF-IPK in Stockholm, Sweden or Andritz in Finland or USA To run the model there is a need for a Runtime FlowMac library and Extendsim LTRT9 licence, supplied by Papermac AB or ImagineThat inc.
How to Make the Runtime Library
1. Backup your FlowMac libraries in a zip file.
2. Open the model in Extend (version6,7 or 8)
3. Make a new library-give it a name ended by LTRT
4. Open its window.
5. Select one FlowMac library in use and open its window.
5. Select all blocks and clear to delete blocks not in use.
7. Clear until only blocks in use are left in the library (cannot be cleared).
7. Drag and drop used blocks from the selected library into the new Library.
8. Repeat for each FlowMac library in use.
9. Go to preferences in the menu-Libraries- and uncheck automatic search.
10. Close extend (everything).
11. Open the model.
12. Asking where is the library .... Select the new LTRT library.
13. When the model is opened in the new library then
14. Save the model in a new name.
15. Select tools under menu library - and convert to Runtime library (select new library).
16. Supply the model and the new Runtime library togehter with an ExtendsimLTRT Licence.
17. Note the cost in EUR of in the FlowMac block of your original model.
18. Pay that cost of the library to Papermac AB. Papermac also supplies a LTRT licence.
Support and Upgrade of FlowMac
In the mid of 2014 I will close my and papermac AB:s responsibility for supply, upgrade and support of FlowMac. The reason is age and a very ... [Read more]
So far tests has shown that FlowMac can be operated by Extnedsim9. Models having up to 75 blocks can be rebuilt in Extendsim9LT.
Linerboard machine model
A Linerboard machine model used for production increase is now available in FlowMac. It is produced by the most experienced user of FlowMac.
An upgraded version of Extendsim is on the way. It has many promising new functions. Papermac will test it and upgrade FlowMac.
Tested by one experienced customer. Extend6 runs without problem
Last edited: 2013-01-21 04:18